Michael A. Colbert Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Special Skill Sets:
- Work duties involve a considerable amount of perception and creativity as well as a definite degree of skill, accuracy and coordination.
- Ability to communicate new ideas.
- Excellent understanding of form.
- Exceptional drawing skills.
- Demonstrated creative proficiency.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex.
- Make perspective sketches and renderings in scale and full size sufficient to
- communicate new design ideas.
- Develop two and three-dimensional mock-ups of proposed design solutions.
- Work with engineers, modelers and designers in the development of new ideas in
- both two and three-dimensional form.
- Make presentations of new thoughts and designs, both orally and visually. In the
- absence of the Manager, able to lead and direct the design team.
- Knowledge of computer and ability to effectively use as it pertains to engineering.
- Superior visual communication skills and solid knowledge of CAD.
- Strong research, concept and visual design skills.
- Excellent organizational, computer and communication skills, a high degree of
- flexibility to work overtime, travel and meet a changing schedule.
- Leadership experience leading teams and projects.
- Coordinate the work of other design personnel to achieve design goals.
- Follow design process from the sketch form to the final production release.
- Frequent contact with others outside the work group.
Initek LLC, DISCOVERY BAY, CA (Telecommute)
- Generate creative concepts for new game concepts
- Design the esthetic look of all visual content for online & social media platforms
- Conduct creative research on projects
- Generate flash animations for game interactivity
- Collaborating effectively with a team of artists and programmers to offer creative
- solutions to both art and game design challenges
- Producing concept sketches and quick edits to communicate artistic concepts
- Create high-quality 2D assets to meet fast paced deadlines
- Organizing and implementing assets in the game engine
- Emulates preconceived art style for esthetic continuity
- Ability to take character and environment concepts to final phase in a timely manner
- Polish final character and environment assets for use in-game
- Creates highly polished illustrations to be used in game and marketing
GM of North America Design Center, WARREN, MICHIGAN
Creative Senior Sculptor, previous
- Creates interior and exterior three-dimensional digital and/or clay models in accordance with engineering and industrial design requirements using digital techniques.
- Uses digital technology to translate designs into three-dimensional industrial design concepts.
- Participates in problem solving related to design, human factors, and engineering issues. Work involves considerable creativity, skill, perception, and coordination and is performed with other creative designers, engineers, and design sculptors.
- Work independently to aid in design/engineering problem solving.
- Manages the time and quality of each particular project as well as to guide
- younger colleagues through the processes.
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written and graphical.
The UPPER DECK Company, CARLSBAD, CALIFORNIA
Freelance Designer, previous
- Responsibilities include generating creative ideas and concepts for existing product in their All Star Vinyl Sports figure line.
Adobe CS Photoshop, Illustrator & Flash , Alias Studio, Unity 5 (WK) and MS Office
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI Bachelor of Science: Design
AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Volunteering, Community Outreach and Fundraisers
Pendleton Neighborhood Out Reach & Toy Drive 2014 - 2017
Planet Dance 2012
Front Desk Registrar & Reception
Cincinnati Children’s Theater 2012 Audition Check In Volunteer
Crossroads “GO Cincinnati” 2011 Resource Team
Crossroads Awaited 2010 First Impressions
Food and Hot Cocoa Team
Crossroads Angel Tree Christmas Gifts 2010 Gift Sorter
Crossroads Thanksgiving Day Food Drive 2010 Box pick up and Box drop off
Crossroads Whiz Kids 2010 Dinner & Mentor Team
Crossroads “GO Cincinnati” 2010 Prospect House Price Hill Landscaping Team
Give Back Cincinnati “Fall Feast “ 2009
Annual Thanksgiving Dinner
Gathered food items from event sponsors and transported to venue Served, bused and greeted guests for dinner
St. Vincent DePaul Cincinnati Annual Christmas Toy Drive 2009 Set up rooms in categories for disbursement
Assisted with the distribution of Christmas gifts
Art Reception to benefit The Fine Arts Fund Cincinnati, Ohio 2006 Participated in brainstorming sessions for overall look and feel for event Scheduled meetings with host to discuss venue logistics
Generate guest list for event